Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Code Coco
Follow me on Hellocotton

Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Some of my favourite beauty products

I am looking at trying some new beauty products soon and I thought I would post about some of my favourites that I use time and time again just to start me off.

So the first would be a blog classic I guess, the Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser, instant boost tonic and skin repair moisturiser. I know alot of people have blogged about this and there is a reason for this, because it is amazing. I have combination skin and so sometimes it can get too dry and other times too oily. This product, the three combined, works so well for me. I hardly get any spots, I got complimented on how youthful and fresh my skin looked about a week after using it day and night and it makes my skin feel so silky and smooth.  It has a lovely soft floral scent to it which I love but there might be some of you who prefer unscented products so maybe go and try a sample first.

I have been using it for just over a year as my main go to on a daily basis and I find it hard to try anything else because I love it so much. I will be trying others soon though as I feel I should give other brands a chance.
My next item is the MAC penultimate liner.
I am big on eyeliner and especially the cat eye flick, when I was in school and couldnt afford to buy more expensive make up and not very often I would always use the classic rimmel jet black kohl. These days I use the liner pens which I find more dramatic and easier to use too.

The MAC liner pen is probably the best one I have found so far, I first bought it as the limited edition wonder woman pen which was around £15.00, then when that one had run dry I tried the cheaper Barry M wink liner pen which is a much cheaper price of £4.59.

That one does the job and is a good alternative, however at the time when I was using it I went to Ibiza and found that it melted on my eye. It is very runny in comparison, doesnt dry as fast and generally doesnt last as long.  Recently I discovered a better cheap alternative to the MAC penultimate liner and that is the Soap and glory liner pen. It drys just as fast as MAC and also lasts all day. I still buy the MAC one every now and again when I can afford to splash out more but for everyday use inbetween I now use the Soap and Glory supercat one, which works just as well. You can get the Supercat liner from most boots stores at £6.00.


I will post some more of my favs soon!

=]

xxx <3

15 comments:

  1. I LOVE eyeliner pens! I'm not sure if they sell that particular brand in the U.S., but I'll keep my eye out for it! Thank you for the recommendations, darling! xo, Megs

    http://princesshippielove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should def have a look for it, when comparing the two, MAC and soap and glory they really are identical.

    xxx <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz Earle is my fave skin care brand. :)
    New follower. Hope you follow back too:
    http://feminine-art.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the eyeliner but it dries up so faast!!!:(
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your favorites post!
    I would like to try that MAC liner!

    If you want, check out my blog:
    http://thescentofglamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I nominated you for an award on my blog! x

    trulytrulyoutrageous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww thanks so much hun! =] I love your blog too!!

    xxxx <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. i would love to try them all! i just tagged you in my blogger appreciation award :) please have a look xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey sweetie! You have a very beautiful blog with a lot of inspiring posts! I'd like to invite you to be my friend and follow each other:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore Liz Earle, Cleanse and Polish has saved me x

    http://life-of-a-london-intern.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Liz Earle is the best! So far anyway! =] I will be impressed if I find anything that beats it!

    Thanks for checking out my blog everyone!

    xoxox <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Didn't even know Soap and Glory did a liquid liner,thanks for the heads up great post :) x

    http://2ndhandcinderella.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you very much for following dear :)
    xx
    www.clothesandcamera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hii!
    Your blog is very interesting.i would Like to try MAC liner! :)
    I'm following You!
    Pass by me... Dressing&Toppings
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really would like to try a MAC product, it's on my wishlist for sure :)


    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete